Even with a healthy diet and regular exercise, stubborn fat pockets may be difficult or impossible to eliminate. It is not for the purpose of weightless but rather it is for improving contours. Individuals who are fighting this battle can achieve their goals with liposuction. Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that improves body contour by permanently removing fat from trouble areas such as the arms, abdomen, hips, thighs, or neck, knees, or ankles. When paired with a healthy lifestyle, liposuction can help patients achieve a slim and more desirable body shape.
The Benefits of Liposuction
- Targeted body contouring for trouble areas
- Multiple treatment areas
- Permanent fat removal with permanent improved contours
The Liposuction Procedure
Liposuction can be performed with the traditional tumescent technique or with laser or power-assist devices to extract unwanted body fat. Dr. Hiatt prefers a technique he feels gives a smoother result called SAFE lipo.
- After making a tiny incision in an inconspicuous location, a suction tube is inserted through the skin to suction out the fat. Laser technology or other techniques may be used to break up the fat cells so that they are easier to extract.
- Suctioning out the fat cells permanently removes them from the body. The use of the thin tube leaves minimal scarring and facilitates fat removal in target areas that may be resistant to diet and exercise. A SAFE technique is used to finish for a smooth result.
Liposuction can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures for body contouring. Dr. Hiatt commonly combines liposuction with breast augmentation, breast lift surgery, and tummy tuck surgery, among other procedures. Women who wish to restore their pre-baby bodies often inquire about the Mommy Makeover procedure, which may use liposuction with tummy tuck surgery and breast surgeries.
Frequently Asked Liposuction Questions
- Am I a good candidate for liposuction?
- What areas of the body are responsive to liposuction?
- Can I receive liposuction on multiple areas of my body at the same time?
- Does liposuction tighten skin as well?
- How long does liposuction take?
- Is the procedure painful?
- What can I expect during recovery?
- Will I have liposuction scars?
- Will liposuction help me lose weight?