What Is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift reshapes and lifts a woman’s breasts so that they look more youthful and attractive. Factors such as aging, gravity, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss can lead to breast sagging. This surgical procedure, also known as “mastopexy,” corrects breast sagging and restores shapelier curves and more lifted and perky breasts.
The Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery
- Lifts and reshapes the breasts
- Restores breast firmness
- Improves the size, appearance, and placement of the nipples and areolas
The Breast Lift Procedure
- Depending on the degree of breast sagging, the incision may be placed:
- Around the areola (periareolar incision)
- Around the areola and down to the breast crease (lollipop incision)
- Around the areola, down to the breast crease, and horizontally along the breast crease (anchor incision)
- The surgeon repositions the breast tissue and removes excess skin to improve the position and shape of the breasts. The surgeon may also reposition and resize the nipple-areolar complex.
- Patients will have firmer, perkier breasts and more youthful curves.
Patients can combine their breast lift surgery with breast augmentation to further enhance the appearance of their breasts. In this case, breast implants are inserted beneath the pectoral muscles during the procedure. Breast lift surgery can also be part of the Mommy Makeover, which often combines breast surgeries, abdominoplasty, and liposuction to enhance a woman’s body after pregnancy and nursing.